Skip to main content

Tunisian Times, Mar-Apr'19: Preface

It's been so long since I have looked at this blog. Even the design is incomplete. I made so many interesting extraordinary trips after the Leh-Ladakh trip I have written here. Kolkatta to Rann of Kutch, to the nook and corners of India, and the several European trips(25 countries so far) after coming to Nice for my MBA. I always had in mind to write them all, but I could only share pics in FB and Insta.

But this time is not the same, I have a strong motivation to start writing--to learn French quickly.

So the following factors made me decide to come to Tunisia.

- Hosted Randa in Jul'18 in my studio in Nice, that is when I heard first about Tunisia and its culture and beauty, she sold the country to me and invited me over to Tunis, and that is when I realized Indian do not need Visa for Tunisia!

- Randa again, she saw my pictures I posted when I was in Porto(Feb'19) and texted me over FB inviting me again to come before Ramzan, i.e. around May 7.

- A job offer I have in Paris for the interview I gave below. But they wanted me to have fluent French before I could join in May. And the French classes in Paris/Nice are too costly for me.
- Had to meet the new developer for my startup and to make sure he can be the one I was looking for a long term and I can work with him for a while to make sure we are on the same page wrt to expectations and vision.

- Researched about Tunisia and Sousse, where the developer is living. Found that the cost of living is almost the same as in India and I could find French tuition for 1/5th of what I have to pay in Paris. Food and accommodation are almost the same I have to spend in India! 1/8th of the prices in France!

- Discussed with the developer and my classmates--Tunisians--Ala, Hafedh, Yousef to learn more about the country.

- I'm always curious to see new places and learn the cultures, meet new people, listen to stories and develop new perceptions.

So here I am, the 4th day of my trip to Tunisia in this beautiful Airbnb in Sousse. wanting to start writing my blog again in French so it could serve the purpose I am here. What is to follow are experiences that are--like many other adventures trips I have had--unbelievable and movie material. Stay tuned!



Dev
6:51 PM
Friday, March 22, 2019 (GMT+1)
Time in Sousse Medina
.......